NTOA Forums Tactical Leadership General Leadership Discuss the Most Common leadership Problems in Law Enforcement. Reply To: Discuss the Most Common leadership Problems in Law Enforcement.

mmMike Ligon
Participant

Reading through some of the post I will have to agree with just about everyone of the post that I have read. I agree with seeing self serving leadership first hand with supervisors that I work with. Its a shame but unfortunately it happens. One of biggest things that I see is a most common problem in law enforcement today is accountability. I have found that most supervisors starting from the top down do not hold everyone to the same level of accountability. When we do this as supervisors it creates division in the ranks which leads to disgruntled employees. This then creates a snowball effect within the agency because other employees or supervisors are allowed to do things or are not held to the same policies and procedures as other employees or supervisors. It is a slippery slope that affects all agencies today. I feel that if we can somehow get a grip on holding everyone to the same level of accountability, then a lot of the other issues that we have in our agencies may slowly start working out for the better.