NTOA Forums Strategic Leadership General Leadership What is your Definition of Leadership? Reply To: What is your Definition of Leadership?

Anthony Kies
Participant

My definition of leadership isn’t measured by the ability to supervise or manage. Leadership to me is the ability to resolve problems with minimal damages to an organization and allow employee’s to feel heard. Leadership is being able to understand and know that the failure to not make a decision or take action with personnel will cause more issues than dealing with the problem. Leadership is a constant learning process for me and I believe that it takes ongoing training to continue to be a great leader. Leadership is what will define an organization when times are tough and how we respond to adversity. Being able to keep your ship afloat, keeping moral up and leading by example will drive your leadership abilities forward. The worst thing someone can do who is trying to be a great leader or push leadership is fail to listen or be distracted. This will be recognized immediately and will fail what you are trying to accomplish.