NTOA Forums Strategic Leadership SWAT Command Decision-Making And Leadership II: Problem Solving, Analytical Thinking & Decision Making How can we reduce the time period from notification of a warrant service to actual service (assume time to target site is always equal)? We suggest that you utilize the Lotus Blossom technique. Reply To: How can we reduce the time period from notification of a warrant service to actual service (assume time to target site is always equal)? We suggest that you utilize the Lotus Blossom technique.

Anthony Kies
Participant

When trying to reduce the time period from notification of warrant service to the actual service we can utilize the Exploding Blocks to try and figure out a solution to the problem. I would place “Time” in the middle box of the exploding box and then I would sit down with the Team Leader and advise him of what I want accomplished and show him the Exploding Block technique so he can better use this to come to a solution. This methodology used will allow for all members involved in the time reduction problem to be a divergent thinker and come up with ways to find a solution for the problem. This will enable the team to feel like they were part of the solution and allow the Team Leader to be able fill the blocks and talk through many situations.