NTOA Forums Operational Leadership SWAT Command Decision-Making And Leadership I: Leadership Dike didn’t prepare himself for leading in crisis. What about Lieutenant Speirs leadership and actions? How did the team respond to him? Why? Reply To: Dike didn’t prepare himself for leading in crisis. What about Lieutenant Speirs leadership and actions? How did the team respond to him? Why?

mmWayne Griffin
Participant

I think Lt. Speirs had great leadership skills, and his actions showed it. After the incident with the drunk Sgt, I think his platoon saw that he was not going to allow any one soldier jeopardize the mission. He also showed his leadership skills when he ran through the German occupied town of Foy to deliver a message to another platoon, and then ran back through the town back to his platoon. He didn’t worry about his own well being. He wanted to accomplish the mission. Lt. Speirs did not do anything that he would not ask his soldiers to do. I believe his soldiers supported any decision he made, and was behind him. They had full confidence in his skill set, ability, and leadership skills.