NTOA Forums Tactical Leadership General Leadership What are Your Greatest Leadership Strengths? Reply To: What are Your Greatest Leadership Strengths?

mmJeremy Lorenzo
Participant

I am confident, competent, passionate, professional, and most importantly, fair. I believe that these five traits have allowed me to gain the respect of those under my supervisions. This has also earned me the trust of my supervisors and peers. By being confident, I am not afraid to make hard decisions when called upon to do so. I am a constant student of the profession which allows me to be competent. I am passionate about this great profession that we are in. This is what drives good officers to be great. Professionalism is key in our line of work. If I am professional, my subordinates will also be professional. Our citizens deserve this. Fairness is one of the traits that often gets overlooked. You cannot people please when it comes time to lead. However, you can take everyone’s input and feelings into consideration to make the best decisions possible.