NTOA Forums Tactical Leadership General Leadership What are Your Greatest Leadership Strengths? Reply To: What are Your Greatest Leadership Strengths?

Sean Wallace
Participant

I believe my greatest leadership strengths are beyond knowledge, skills, and abilities. I believe my greatest leadership strengths are my passion and commitment to the mission. The Tactical mission is in my blood. I am passionate because I believe in the mission and I want to perfect my craft. I am constantly seeking improvement. I want to ensure that my team and I are ready to go when the bell rings. Ask anyone that has spent any time around me, and they will tell you I am passionate about the mission. I will also tell you, that my passion and commitment have been my biggest leadership challenges. I say that, because as a young leader I used to get frustrated when I didn’t think my peers or officers were as passionate or as committed as me. I had to learn through experience (sometimes painful), that everyone is different in their passion and commitment and that is not a bad thing.