NTOA Forums Tactical Leadership General Leadership What are Your Greatest Leadership Strengths? Reply To: What are Your Greatest Leadership Strengths?

Jason Edwards
Participant

I believe my greatest leadership strengths are honesty, integrity, and competency. I always strive to be the type of supervisor who the officers know says what he means and means what he says. If I say I will or will not do something they can take me at my word. I also believe that should hold true when it comes to recognizing a job done well and a job done poorly. Every day I wake up I continue to build on a lifetime of integrity. I am a strong believer that a person builds integrity for a lifetime but it can be destroyed in seconds. Without integrity no one will follow me. Lastly is competency. I cannot be an effective leader if I don’t know what to do. I have had a long and diverse law enforcement career. I feel this helps me everyday successful lead officers through various challenges face everyday. I know how to handle a situation because “I have been there and done that.” As a result I know what has or has not worked in past situations.